2019 Fundraising Quiz and Raffle for MNDA
On Friday 13th September 2019, we continued to raise money for the Motor Neurone Disease Association (MNDA) with our third charity event, a quiz and raffle. With MND, messages from the motor neurones gradually stop reaching the muscles. This leads the muscles to weaken, stiffen and waste. MND can affect how you walk, talk, eat, drink and breathe.
MND is life-shortening and there is no cure. Although the disease will progress, symptoms can be managed to help achieve the best possible quality of life. There is a 1 in 300 risk of getting MND across a lifetime. It can affect adults of any age but is more likely to affect people over 50.
At PayItMonthly, we are happy to raise money and awareness to the MND Association as we think it’s a wonderful charity. We hope the money we raise can help fund their research in hope to find a cure for the disease.
Our quiz went down fantastically and congratulations to our winning team that won a hamper including a teddy bear, bottles of wine, mini spirit bottles, scented candles, sweets, crisps, chocolate and more! Thanks to Liz and Chris from PayItMonthly for donating this.
We would like to thank our musicians, Jackson Higley and Up The Bug, for playing a few songs throughout the quiz, you were all amazing! We would also like to thank Prestbury WI Village Hall for letting us use their premises for the event and for all the help and assistance they gave us with organising it.
Our raffle was also a huge success! We sold lots of raffle tickets and had lots of great raffle prizes. We would like to thank everybody who donated a prize for our raffle.
- Hollywood Bowl for donating 4 tickets - https://www.hollywoodbowl.co.uk/
- Cheltenham Racecourse for donating 2 tickets for the club enclosure - thejockeyclub.co.uk
- Experience days for donating a £50.00 voucher - experiencedays.co.uk
- Cotswold Farm Park for donating a family day pass - https://www.cotswoldfarmpark.co.uk/
- The Greatfield pub for donating a two course meal for two -https://www.emberinns.co.uk/nationalsearch/southwest/the-greatfield-cheltenham
- Cotswold shoes for donating a £95.00 welly voucher - https://www.cotswoldshoes.co.uk/
- House of Fraser for donating a box of make-up, perfume and bags - https://www.houseoffraser.co.uk/
- PayItMonthly for donating a £25.00 amazon voucher and a yankee candle and chocolate hamper
- West Midlands Safari Park for donating a family day pass - https://www.wmsp.co.uk/
- Mr Mulligans for donating a family pass for 1 game of crazy golf - https://mrmulligan.com/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9c6T_9Ha5AIVjRnTCh1EZwkyEAAYASAAEgIec_D_BwE
- Mark from Chique Photography for donating a box of wine - chiquephotography.co.ukSwindon
- Oasis for donating a family swim pass - https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/swindon/oasis-leisure-centre-swindon?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=google_my_business
Congratulations to all of our winners!
We were all so pleased with the turnout for the event, lots of friends, family, MND supporters and quiz lovers came and donated. We hope everybody really enjoyed themselves and we look forward to seeing everyone again at future events!
Our successful quiz and raffle managed to raise a total of £700.00! This means, the MNDA are able to fund a seat riser allowing someone with MND to raise their wheelchair so that they can reach shelves and talk to someone at eye level. Our support and fundraising for the MNDA will continue in the future. Our website, Twitter and Facebook pages will include any information on any upcoming events, we hope to see you there!
A huge thank you again to everyone that donated and came to the event.